About The District
Willamina School District was officially recognized in 1907. Since the beginning of the 20th century, Willamina and Grand Ronde schools have served students of Yamhill and Polk counties along with portions of Tillamook and Lincoln counties. Our community has maintained its rural, small town America feel. Economically, we have an emphasis on timber and sustainable agriculture. We also have a collaborative partner with the Confederated Tribe of the Grand Ronde. Though uphold three core values: respect the earth, respect each other, and appreciate education. We are proud to be the home of the Bulldogs!
Willamina School District seeks to create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through development-appropriate instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles. Our schools promote a safe, orderly, caring, and supportive environment. Each student's self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with students and staff. We strive to have our parents, teachers, and community members actively involved on our schools.
- 855 Total
- 396 K-5th
- 197 6th-8th
- 262 9-12th
as of 4/1/2019
- K-5th: 1 Principal, 1 Vice Principal
- 6th-12th: 1 Principal, 1 Vice Principal, 1 Dean of Students,
- K-5: 20 Gen Ed., 2 Special Ed., 1 Reading, 2.4 PE, 15 Instructional Asst.
- 6th-12th: 22.75 Gen Ed, 1 Special Ed, 1 Instructional Asst.
The Willamina School District is dedicated to the personal development of each student to their potential while maintaining rigorous standards allowing for individual differences and the opportunity to succeed.
As students acquire skills and abilities, they must become proficient in the skill subjects, attain efficient and effective work habits, develop a healthy life-style with positive attitudes, and cultivate a variety of intellectual interests. Students must assume responsibilities of their citizenship in a global society. While learning to appreciate their individual heritage, students will cultivate a respect for others.
To this end, we believe:
- Learning should be an exciting, rewarding and productive activity which fosters a positive attitude toward schools and education.
- Students shall become life long learners
- Parents must be actively involved in their child's education
- Staff and parents should work as partners to aid each student's intellectual, physical, moral, emotional and social growth so that the individual can become a responsible community member and lead a personally rewarding life.
- Schools must provide an environment that is physically and emotionally safe, stressing self respect as well as respect for others.
- The community and the schools should develop a partnership for the mutual support of each other.
- The district shall concentrate its efforts in basic education and excellence in instruction to help every student perform above average in all academic and professional technical areas.
- Students should be involved in a variety of activities which build life skills and encourage creativity.